The aims of what was originally known as the Headstones Project were :
1. to photograph, transcribe, map and list the 400 plus headstones and memorials within the churchyard of All Saints Church, Elston and the monuments and memorials within the interior of the church,
2. to research the lives of all those villagers listed on the memorial tablets in the church porch who died in the First and Second World Wars so that they should not be forgotten,
3. to gather obituaries, photographs and records of those who lie buried within the churchyard or who have memorials within the interior of the church,
4. to reproduce pages from the Burial Registers onto the website, and
5. to produce for the benefit of all visitors a map and plan of all the known headstones within the churchyard and a plan of all the memorials within the church.